There are two types of businesses in the world today; those that are advertising online and those that are missing a huge opportunity to reach a huge audience.
The number of decisions you need to make and the choices available to you can feel overwhelming if you’ve never run an advertising campaign online before—and sometimes even if you have!
It can be challenging to understand which online advertising platforms will be the best and most appropriate for your ad campaign. Each platform performs in different ways and can be effective in targeting different demographics. That’s why our marketing experts at C-leveled have narrowed down the choices for you and selected the best advertising platforms for each category.
Search Engine Ads
People perform billions of Internet searches every single day. Advertisers can maximize their exposure via search engines by paying to appear at the top of a page of search results when certain search terms are entered by the user.
- Google Ads – Google is the world’s most used search engine, so it’s wise to advertise on this platform.
- Bing Ads – Bing is also widely used and should not be overlooked.
Social Media Advertising
Any digital marketing campaign should include social media advertising. Platforms that support social media advertising use complex algorithms or sponsored content that allow advertisers to reach very specific audiences.
- Facebook Ads – By far the largest social network, Facebook allows you to set highly detailed parameters and targeting options to reach a particular audience.
- Instagram Ads – This platform’s advertising comes through sponsored content, such as a paid “influencer” promoting your brand or your products.
- LinkedIn Ads – Perfect for B2B advertising. Advertising is via sponsored content or videos.
- Twitter Ads – Twitter only charges you if you reach your conversion goal. Advertising occurs through the careful use of promoted accounts, hashtags, tweets, and trends.
This form of advertising uses paid ads to match the look, function, and feel of the media format in which they appear. They can be found on social media feeds or recommended reads on web pages. The key point is that they don’t look or feel like ads.
A number of native-content platforms enable you to do this.
- OutBrain – Outbrain is a content discovery platform that helps connect advertisers to their target audience through personalized recommendations on the world’s leading publishers.
- Taboola – Find and engage over one billion relevant users across premium publishers at massive scale.
- Revcontent – Revcontent helps advertisers drive a highly engaged audience through technology and partnerships with some of the world’s largest media brands.
Retargeting focuses on individuals who have shown interest in your business or product but didn’t engage or buy. This method uses ads that build on their interest, with the goal of converting leads. Retargeting should always be part of a digital campaign strategy—but where you choose to retarget will depend on your existing ad networks.
- Google Remarketing – It allows you to strategically position your ads in front of these audiences as they browse Google or its partner websites.
- Adroll – Reconnect with shoppers you know and guide them back to your site to complete their purchases.
- Social Media Retargeting – The social advertising listed above also offer retargeting features.
With careful selection, your digital advertising campaign will not only reach your target audience, but it will also give you great conversion rates. And always keep your mind on your campaign goals—the best online advertising platforms for you are those that may help you exceed them.