Often, business owners base their advertising strategy around the benefits of their products. But that approach isn’t always the best. Your business could have the best product on the market, but that alone won’t secure your success.
Building brand credibility is vital for gaining consumer loyalty and trust. When you demonstrate a strong brand identity that resonates with your audience, you’ll gain their attention and ensure your brand is more memorable than your competitors.
For this reason, brand advertising should be a key focal point in your advertising campaigns.
Brand advertising starts with your brand identity
Who you are and what you stand for as a business underline your entire brand strategy. Whether you’re a serious corporate brand or a playful and fun start-up, your logo, brand colors, and tag-lines should accurately reflect the image you want to portray.
It’s also important to keep your identity consistent across all media and platforms. This will help you build an image that customers recognize, remember, and trust.
Good brand advertising builds brand credibility
Trust is a major reason that consumers buy a particular brand consistently. To gain consumer trust, you need to position yourself as an industry leader that outperforms your competitors.
There are several ways in which you can do this:
- Offer expert knowledge and advice within a branded campaign
- Present solutions to the common problems your audience encounters
- Host, sponsor, or support charitable events that are relevant within your business
- Support or sponsor community and local activities and events
Whatever your strategy is, the key is to show that you care about your audience as well as about what’s important to them.
Brand awareness is at the top of your sales funnel
Brand awareness encompasses the entire top section of the sales funnel. Exposure, influence, and engagement can all be enhanced greatly through effective brand building and advertising.
Once your audience knows and trusts your brand, you will typically find that the rest of the sales funnel—action and conversation—will flow more naturally.
Brand ads make a connection with your audience
A great brand strategy will speak directly to target audiences by appealing to their emotions.
Here are two strong ways to achieve a meaningful connection with audiences:
- Using memorable characters to deliver the message. Some of the world’s biggest brands are backed up by a character that’s remembered for decades. Everyone knows the Michelin Man, The Colonel, and Ronald McDonald.
- Coming up with a catchy slogan. The best slogans become part of everyday conversation, such as Nike’s “Just do it” and L’Oreal’s “because I’m worth it,” which are now interjected into conversations to capture the tone of the brand.
A successful brand awareness campaign has the potential to take you from an unknown brand to a household name, a brand that inspires other businesses and reaches a wider audience.
It can be tempting to focus on selling products rather than building on brand awareness. But, by using an effective brand marketing strategy, it ultimately leads to more business and more revenue.